Thinking about booking a dolphin tour? Here’s some advice on how to choose the best one and have a great dolphin watching experience.
1. Choose a smaller dolphin boat with fewer people.
2. Opt for boats that seat you close to the water.
3. Think outside the boat box – consider kayaks, paddle boards, and small sailboats as alternatives to larger powerboats
4. Have a naturalist on board
5. No feeding of dolphins – yes, dolphins do bite! Read more about the dangers here.
6. Choose experienced boat tour operators
7. Ask how tour operators ensure the dolphin’s safety
8. Opt for an early morning or sunset cruise when the ocean is calm
9. Look at reviews and testimonials before booking
10. Designate a photographer!
- Dolphin Watching in the Wild – Things You Should Do (wherethedolphinsswim.wordpress.com)
- Amazing Dolphin Facts (wherethedolphinsswim.wordpress.com)
- Sea life: Dolphins (learntodivetoday.wordpress.com)